We're on the lookout for pro-active Community Fundraisers throughout Powys, Wrexham, Conwy and Denbighshire to fundraise for Carers and Young Carers.
What is fundraising about?
Fundraising is not just about raising money: it also increases awareness of what we do at Credu.
- Fundraising takes place in the local community.
- Fundraising helps spread the word about our Carers support services.
- Fundraising helps Credu to connect with the local community and encourages people to support our work.
- Fundraising also helps engage with local organisations, clubs, businesses and schools.
What are the benefits of fundraising?
Well, obviously, we raise money and awareness of Credu as a charity. But for you as a fundraiser, there are also loads of benefits!
- Fundraising is loads of fun. It can be done individually or in teams, so you get to choose what you prefer. You can get together with family and colleagues, or you can join a team and make new friends.
- It’s rewarding to help others, and by fundraising you’ll be making a real difference for all the carers in your community.
- You’ll get to be more involved in your community, and meet interesting, like-minded people.
- You will pick up new skills and grow your confidence by working as part of a team.
- Fundraisers get exclusive invites to Credu events!
How much time would I have to spend fundraising?
It’s entirely up to you!
- You decide how much time you want to give, and how you want to fit it around other commitments.
- Fundraising activities can be a one-off, or be carried out on an ongoing basis.
- It’s easy to join.
- You don’t need any previous fundraising experience.
- You decide how you want to fundraise.
- From coffee mornings to cake stalls, bucket collections and fun quiz nights, there is something for everyone!
Fundraisers play an essential role by raising money and awareness in their local area, and helping champion Carers and Young Carers.
Using the Credu JustGiving page
Instead of (or as well as!) collecting your sponsorship using a paper form, a very quick and easy way to collect donations is to set up an online fundraising page with JustGiving. To get started, go to the Credu page on JustGiving.com and hit the orange “Fundraise for us” button. It will save you time, and it's a great way to keep sponsors updated about your progress and challenge. (JustGiving can be accessed worldwide and is secure to use.)
Help and support for your fundraising activities
We’re here to support you with your fundraising. Our local/regional fundraisers will be able to offer support, and can let you know about events that are happening in your local area, or any existing fundraising groups. For more information or if you’d like to start a fundraising group, you can contact your local fundraising team through the following details:
Credu head office: Marlow, South Crescent, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5DL
Main switchboard: 01597 823800
Email the fundraising contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful links and documents to download
Thank you for deciding to do some fundraising on behalf of Credu! Here are a couple of forms that will come in handy. You can download them by right-clicking and selecting “save as”, and then print them to use to fundraise. If you have no access to a printer please contact the team in the office who will be happy to help.
- Sponsorship form – print double-sided and use to collect your sponsorship pledges.
- Money return form – when you’ve finished fundraising, to get the money to Credu.
Latest fundraising news
Thanks again for your support!