It is so important that you take care of your own health and wellbeing, especially if you are busy caring for someone else.
Being a carer is rewarding, but can also be physically exhausting, emotionally demanding, isolating and financially draining. As well as giving you satisfaction and a strong sense of purpose, it can also be very stressful.
As a carer, you must pay extra attention to looking after yourself. It’s very important for you, and it also helps the person you are caring for.
Explore this section of the website to find out more about:
- how to access our support (what we call referrals) for yourself, or for someone you know
- what we offer and how we can support you
- meeting up with other carers in your area: in Powys or in North Wales (WCD)
- where to find us (so you can pop in for a cuppa!)
- the iCare Card and the benefits for carers
- resources for looking after your own wellbeing
- organising breaks and respite
- achieving life goals
- the counselling service we can offer you
- getting help for drug and alcohol misuse issues
These are only starting points to begin to think about your wellbeing and caring for yourself. We are here to support you with this too – please don’t hesitate to call us or drop us a line.