We are here to support you, and in the previous section of the website (Looking After Yourself) we look at how we can help you look after yourself. We also understand that in your role as a carer, you will derive peace of mind from knowing that the person you are caring for is being well looked after and is getting the best care possible. We can support you with that too.
In this section, we provide information that helps you look after the person you care for:
- who to contact to get immediate help in an emergency,
- the Carer’s Emergency Card,
- dealing with specific conditions,
- reviewing medicines,
- accessing advocacy support, and
- how to handle changes in the caring situation.
You will also find more information and links to useful sources in the Practical Planning section.